MOBILITY LIVING, INC. is accredited with ACHC. This accreditation allows MOBILITY LIVING, INC. to be a provider for Medicare.
What is Accreditation?
When seeking services from a home health care company, one must ask the question, “Are all home care organizations alike?" The answer is "no". The quality of home care can differ significantly from one organization to another. There are several thousand public and private organizations nationwide, with new ones opening up every day. As a protection to the consumer many states have established licensure laws governing these types of companies. Licensure rules will typically establish the minimum requirements for doing business. Not all states have licensure requirements for home care companies. It is suggested that consumers check with their state government to determine if there is a licensure law and if the organization contacted is in compliance with those requirements.
For individuals eligible for Medicare coverage, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has established provider requirements for Home Health agencies, Hospices, and Durable Medical Equipment Suppliers (DMEPOS) to participate in the program.
Another form of consumer protection is that of voluntary accreditation. Standards of care are based upon the consensus of professionals of those elements that should exist in home care organizations that have "gone the extra mile" to assure quality. Accreditation is a means of measuring the organizational management, internal processes, patient safety practices, and service outcomes. Most home care companies are good and deserve your trust. However, organizations that have earned accreditation usually are most serious about maintaining the quality of services and products they provide.
Accreditation is professional peer review administered by a private nonprofit organization, which is structured to establish higher standards than state or federal requirements. Accreditation is the most commonly accepted means of assuring quality care and products.
The ACHC Difference
ACHC’s mission is to support healthcare organizations and providers in optimizing wellness through standards that promote the effective, efficient delivery of quality services and products.
Our purpose is to help our customers succeed.
ACHC has gained respect and recognition as an accrediting organization uniquely committed to healthcare providers. Over the last twenty years, ACHC has become synonymous with providing excellent customer service, integrity and value. Our Surveyors and Account Managers are friendly and helpful, ensuring you obtain the highest quality accreditation that helps you improve your business and provide excellent patient care.
Experience the ACHC Difference:
- Medicare Deeming Authority for Home Health and DMEPOS.
- ACHC standards were written by providers specifically for the services that you provide so they are relevant, realistic and easy to understand.
- Personal Account Managers are available to assist you with any questions you may have and will guide you through the accreditation process start to finish.
- Competitive All Inclusive Pricing with no additional annual fees. Buyer Group discounts are available.
- Well qualified surveyors that offer educational best practices to help you improve your business.
- Go Paperless! All documents may be submitted as an electronic version or send in as a hard copy for a minimal fee.
- ACHC provides accreditation for a variety of programs.
- Recognized by ALL major 3rd Party Payors.
- ISO 9001:2008 Certified
Benefits of Accreditation
Accreditation is regarded as one of the key benchmarks for measuring the quality of an organization, along with its products and services. Successful accreditation can reap many benefits for your company.
The following is a list of typical results of companies becoming accredited:
- Quality overall patient care
- Better business plan
- Improved policies
- More effective and efficient operations
- Stronger risk management strategies
- Reduction in incidents
- Enhanced team awareness
- Credibility with government and third-party payors
- Marketing edge
- Greater customer trust
- Professional self-respect
Please contact ACHC at (919) 785-1214 with any questions you may have.